Are you wondering how to grow herbs indoors? This free guide is for you! Whether you’re into culinary herbs or medicinal herbs (or both!), growing herbs at home is so much fun (and a valuable skill to cultivate).
Why Grow Your Own Herbs?
I have been growing my own herbs off and on for years now and I much prefer growing them than buying them at the store. Here’s why:
- Growing herbs at home means they are as fresh as possible. Herbs and other plants lose a lot of nutrients when they sit around after harvest.
- Having fresh herbs growing at home means that I can have fresh herbs whenever I need them.
- Herbs are expensive! So I like to grow them myself o reduce the cost.
- Herbs are a nutrient powerhouse. Adding them to soups, stew, and meat dishes is a great way to up the nutrient profile of a meal.
- I can have access to medicinal herbs I’d otherwise not be able to find easily.
You may know that I love to grow food, so it’s probably not a surprise that I love to grow herbs as well.
Why Grow Herbs Indoors?
Most people think of gardening as an outdoor hobby, but it doesn’t have to be! If you want to grow herbs but can’t garden outdoors for whatever reason, growing them indoors is a great choice. There are many reasons to consider growing herbs indoors:
- East access! If you love to cook with fresh herbs, a kitchen window herb garden is a great way to have fresh herbs for your dishes.
- It’s simple. Growing herbs inside is really easy to do. Most herbs grow indoors well, so all you need to do is plant them, water them and harvest them.
- Great for small spaces. If you’re in an apartment, or otherwise don’t have outdoor space for growing herbs, an indoor herb garden is a great choice.
Get the Free Guide!
If you want to learn to grow herbs indoors, grab this free guide and get started today!