OG is very appetizing to mosquitoes it seems. That is why I made a nontoxic bug spray that I felt safe applying liberally to her skin.
Bug spray helps for sure but unfortunately, she still gets a few bug bites here and there. To make matters worse she is hyper sensitive to mosquito bites. Each bite has a large red spot surrounding it and is clearly very itchy.
She scratches so much that she makes herself bleed.
So I wanted to find a bug bite treatment that wouldn’t be harmful.
Homemade natural bug bite treatments
- Rub the inside of a banana peel, slice of onion or raw honey on bite.
- Apply lemon juice, apple cider vinegar or witch hazel with a piece of cotton.
- Apply a baking soda paste to bite.
- Rub a bar of soap on bite.
- Take an Epsom salt, baking soda, apple cider vinegar or oatmeal bath.
- Apply an ice pack.
- Place a Chamomile tea bag on the bite.
- Aloe vera gel.
- lavender, tea tree, cedar or rosemary essential oils (diluted in a carrier oil).
- Dab Witch hazel on the bug bite.
What I found to work the best was:
A baking soda and witch hazel paste.
Just mix baking soda and witch hazel to make a paste and apply liberally to the bite.
When I put this on OG’s bites it seemed to immediately help the itching. I only had to reapply once or twice before the bite no longer bothered her.
not only does this bug bite treatment work but it’s super cheap and only takes a few seconds to slap together.
What natural itch relief do you use?